Followers

Follow

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Unpredictable life and Ironic people

It’s an amazing feeling to meet new, different and real people unlike the ones who surround you. I met some today. I got ready for college to collect my final certificate and take a motivation class for S7 students. It was 10 am and my Bajaj Discover 110 cc (No RC Book, PUC, Insurance) was ready to take me down to my 30 km distance college. My options to my destinations are many, of which I choose the longest but the way through the dense forest and hills. I liked that path so much that, it’s one of my happiest memories. The rain didn’t betray me, and I was ecstatic with every km I passed as usual. I flew through them a lot of times but every time those roads, those trees and those hills gave a new look and attracted me to move further and come back again. I was thrilled.

I took a sudden turn and then an inclination uphill, suddenly I heard some sound down below from my bike. I didn’t check and moved on. A sound of something broken hit my ears and I was giving the acceleration but the bike didn’t move. I got down, and with my wonderfully big eyes I exclaimed..!!!

Yes, the chain it broke down and I checked over to see too many moms checking out their children to schools with pretty high expectations. They were all staring at me, on my helplessness. I was getting embrassed. I saw myself helpless too. I thought of nothing and went on to ask one chechi (sister) about the availability of a mechanic nearby. She didn’t knew well, she was starting to think over it, when suddenly everyone got involved and said there is one uphill and need to walk. I parked my bike side-by and walked over to that place asking every other individual on my way. They all looked me with a different eye. I looked different, as always I do. They might surely be contemplating me as some city freak doing some crazy business out here, I thought so. Finally, when I got the mechanic’s home (Shaji’s) which didn’t have more than 1 and half room with a room occupied 2 dogs that of course he fed started barking loud enough which echoed and created a big disturbance over the entire place. I got out of the scene and realized that he is not home and I must leave.

I got down and they (around 15 people) started worrying about my situation (actually more than me myself). They gathered and even started discussing how to help this boy out to reach his destination. I knew that I had no way out but to walk back to a place where I at least get a bus. I was thoroughly flattened by this behavior. I said to myself, humanity still exists. In fact I have been with friends who just wanted my help, money or energy and left off. And I am meeting these complete strangers who don’t even know me well. Yes, Kerala people get too much into the privacy but mostly that was for bad like gossips, ridicule etc. but this time it’s completely opposite. And finally one middle aged guy went into his home and came out with a key and handed over to me and said take my bike and when you come back your bike will be ready. Without asking anything, without telling much of the things when they helped like this, I felt I should share this part of humanity that Kerala people own.

I came back around 5 pm evening and I saw my bike completely in perfect condition. They asked me check it and it was perfect. That is when I met that golden man – Shaji. Who literally sleeps in his own house in a half the cent area unless his dogs allow him, Who looked well aged and doesn’t carry a mobile phone. All those respect to him came through later incidents. I handed over the bike’s key with a 500 Rs. note that I made of my tuition's. He didn’t accept it with any stand, but finally convinced him to take it.

‘In a critical condition when I was not in a position to do anything and you helped, that couldn’t be repaid yet this, may do at least something’, I said.

And he replied telling ‘You have a drink a tea here’

‘Yes I would take the tea’, I said

While taking tea, Shaji who came with me, asked me about my doings. I said I just attended my interview in ISRO’s college (IIST). His smile widened. Then he started to say things about ISRO. Initially, I could follow him well as I too had much updated details about ISRO’s projects. Then came those exceptional facts of ISRO, which were very much unknown to me. I was stunned. I never judge people but yes, I never expected a man with his clothes tore and incomplete home having knowledge of that level about ISRO. Slowly, I tried to twist the topic as I was getting a bit nervous with his intelligence on that regard. I changed over my topic to Russia anyhow. He didn’t stop. He again mesmerized me to that extreme, which even made me feel too inferior. I started to respect him, physically or literally. He being too genuine and humble respected me more. I simply need to say this, I tried to escape.

 I was afraid.

I was hit.

I started my bike saying all those families standing to wave me,

‘Every time, I go through this road I will surely meet you people’

And to Shaji Bhai- ‘I will be back’
In my inner mind, I said-
‘Next time, I come I will study and come for you my friend, you are awesome…!!!’

As I rode back to home, I said to myself-


‘MANNNN, What a Day???’



Note- Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors, they aren't intentional if there... :)

6 comments: