Followers

Follow

Saturday 30 June 2018

Punjab dhi Hariyaali (First Punjab Visit)

It was after 50 hrs long journey from Thrissur, Kerala to New Delhi and from there I had to board my train to Jalandhar City (16:30 hrs) which incidently was my first Shathabdhi trip, though having done more than over 2000 train trips so far. So it made a whole 57hrs long trip from the bottom to top of our great country; India.

I was more than ecstatic to enter into India's Richest State. One specific thing that made me love Punjab is because of there unaltered Patriotism ever since the state was first formed, the sikh sardarji's with a great hospitality and soo on. It was a six hour trip to Jalandhar City where I have to go to complete my admission procedures in NIT, Jalandhar.

The entry into the state was literally visible seeing the fields all over on either sides of the rail on which my train was speeding down and serving different kinds of cuisines onboard as is the custom in a Shathabdhi. I was already in shock watching the color of skin that they possessed. I mean, I was asking myself:
'How can they be soo fair...???'
Almost 90% of them are too fair and out of that 75% of them are too beautiful too. I tried to think of some reasons in mind and finally got a conclusion that it might be because of the breeze generated from the Himalayas passing through there skin (not technically). Scientifically, it might be because of the organic fruits and vegetables, pure milk, saffron etc. I have started loving the state already, not because of these girls but the fields and the different greens spread everywhere unlike the one in Kerala. People are so loving as well as helpful in nature and I could find our slavery before 1947 in that love to guests (Athithi Devo Bava).

I reached the station at 21:00 hrs and walked out through small streets (galli's) of Jalandhar to reach my Hotel (Sunrise Hotel) which was about 1.5km from station. I learnt one thing during this walk, Punjabi's dont work or do business late night and similar is the case in Kerala. I hate this concept of zero night life, but its the culture that has enveloped people from doing any so in contrary.

The next day I had to leave early for my admission procedures at NIT, Jalandhar. Meanwhile, I have an old but almost virtual connection with Jalandhar. My GrandFather was in Jalandhar at work in Army. During that period my Grandmother was pregnant and my Mother's Brother was born there in Jalandhar Military Hospital. I was told about different places that my Grandmother remembered from around 40 to 45 years ago. I was in search on them. I found some enroute 'my' college. It was an hot time of the year in North and the temperature inclined to 45℃. I resisted myself from getting out of hotels and decided to roam around once I permanently settle down here.

There are three kinds of people:
- A South Indian who loves to eat South Indian food in North India
- A South Indian who loves to eat North Indian food in North India
- A South Indian who loves to eat Gujarathi food in North India
I am from the second and hence I tried a paneer kulcha with rajma, mutter curry and onion salad for one of the lunch. I couldn't try more of the types to taste the famous North Indian Cuisine in detail; my stomach didn't help.
I boarded my train back to Kerala at 23:00 hrs to come back before my classes starts i.e. on 30th July. That was my brief first time visit to Punjab.

Tip to all who wish to visit Punjab:
'trust only those sardarji's with turban on there head and khada on there hands'

No comments:

Post a Comment